As many of you know, HNH partnered with the St. Margaret’s Bay Stewardship Association to do a pilot project workshop for our new initiative SHORE UP NOVA SCOTIA (SUNS) in early August this year. (SUNS is a rolling series of Living Shoreline workshops, “teaching plant-based strategies to combat coastal erosion one community at a time”.) We were delighted… [Read More]
- Seedy Saturday Organizer 2006–2017
- Baywoods Forest Project, 2005–2014
Designed and built a micro Acadian Forest at The Bayview Community School.
- Park View Education, Outdoor Classroom, 2007–2013
Design and implementation, coordination and ongoing support.
- Bridgewater Community Garden Network, Hodge Podge Community Garden, 2010–2017
Founding member, organizing committee and core team.
- Living Shoreline Summit, 2013 Cambridge, Maryland USA.
- Petite Riviere Community Park, 2011–2014
Remediation of a toxic site to a Community Park.
- Living Shoreline Project, 2011–2014
Partnership with Ecology Action Centre, Halifax.
- Gaff Point Trail, 2008–2009
Partnership with the Nature Conversancy of Canada trail improvements.
- Saint Mary’s Boat Club, Living Shoreline, 2016–2017, Halifax NS
- South Shore Waldorf School & Kindergarden, Children’s outdoor/nature play area.
- Helping Nature Heal Softball, 2009–2017
- Cooper’s Pen Community Soccer Initiative, Falmouth Jamaica, 2014–2017
Helping Nature Heal spotted a need, created, and now sponsors, a youth soccer program in Falmouth Jamaica. The program hosts around 100 Children under the age of 21. We supply the program with equipment to participate.
- Shelburne Garden Club, 2014–2016
- Queens County Garden Club, 2014–2016
- Saint Mary’s University, Ecological Restoration, 2012–2015
- NSCC Natural Resources & Environmental Technology, 2011–2013
- Nova Scotia Association of Gardens Club, AGM, 2011
- Waldorf School & Shambala, Environmental Education Conference, 2011–2013
- Mersey Tobeatic Research Institute 2011
- White Point Beach Resort, Organic Gardening 2007
- Eco–Logic Home Show, Halifax 2007
- Nova Scotia Recreation Professionals in Health, Horticulture as Therapy, 2005