As the leaves begin to turn yellow and orange and the morning air turns crisp, we have put together our top 5 tips to get the most out of your garden this time of year. Remember, just because summer is coming to a close, this doesn’t mean the time in your garden has to end. Fall is an amazing time to take in all the beauty nature offers.
- Be gentle with cutting back, save some seed heads for self seeding, for the birds and other critters, and for saving for next spring.
- Prune gently this time of year, only do the minimum required and save the rest for the dormant season.
- Pick your flowers and bring them inside your home to enjoy.
- Make a garden journal and write about times of bliss, times of struggle and times of patience.
- Plan for changes for next year. Take note of what is working, and what isn’t. See how you can tweak the design, colour, orientation or anything else that could be improved upon.