About Helping Nature Heal
Helping Nature Heal Inc is proud to be Nova Scotia’s leading-edge ecological restoration company creating sustainable solutions for any environmental challenge. Our designs bring unique beauty, healthy ecology, and re-connection with nature to property owners and communities.
Helping Nature Heal’s team specializes in sustainable ecosystem construction and stewardship methods that are customized for coastal areas of eastern Canada. Notable projects include creating Living Shorelines for public lands in Nova Scotia and PEI, developing forest management and trail plans for private homeowners, designing and building the landscape for the first LEED Platinum Certified house in the Maritimes, and remediating a toxic site to create a community park in Petite Rivière, Nova Scotia.
Helping Nature Heal Inc. is seeking a Project Manager who lives in the Bridgewater area or is willing to relocate. The successful candidate will facilitate new and existing projects on the South Shore of Nova Scotia as well as projects that may require travel. S/he must be familiar with, or willing to learn, and consistently implement HNH’s unique methods.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for planning, estimating, coordinating materials, and managing projects as well as managing the performance of team members reporting to this position.
If you have proven leadership and project management skills, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
Collaborate with other team members to create project estimates based upon concept design, proprietary methods and materials.
- Establish and acquire necessary materials for projects.
- Manage projects from conception to completion, on time and within budget.
- Manage a team of skilled technicians for carrying out custom projects.
- Scheduling and coordination of subcontractors and delivery of materials to site.
- Attend sites to inspect construction quality.
- Meet with site supervisors/team leaders to ensure projects are meeting quality and time frame requirements.
- Track all project costs throughout duration of the project and compare to budget.
- Apply for and obtain permits and licences when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with clients, suppliers, management and staff at all levels of the business.
- Ensure all safety polices and procedures are being met on job sites.
- Ensure quality installation standards are being met.
- Ability to respond to escalated inquiries, complaints and feedback from customers, vendors or employees.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum three (3) years of experience and understanding of the construction or landscaping industry.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a Project Manager.
- Able to read, interpret and scope out concept designs and technical drawings.
- Knowledge of native species and sustainable practices would be an asset.
- Valid drivers licence, with clear abstract.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Ability to travel when working on out of town projects.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to problem solve, mitigate potential obstacles and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use a tablet at proficient level.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with LMN would be an asset.
- First Aid, WHIMIS and safety certifications would be an asset.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
February 10, 2018
Anticipated Start Date:
March 5, 2018