About Helping Nature Heal
Helping Nature Heal Inc is proud to be Nova Scotia’s leading-edge ecological restoration company creating sustainable solutions for land and shoreline environmental challenges.
Our designs bring unique beauty, healthy ecology, and re-connection with nature to property owners and communities. Helping Nature Heal Inc’s team specializes in sustainable ecosystem construction and stewardship methods that are customized for coastal areas of eastern Canada.
Notable projects include creating Living Shorelines for public lands in Nova Scotia and PEI, developing forest management and trail plans for private homeowners, designing and building the landscape for the first LEED Platinum Certified house in the Maritimes, and remediating a toxic site to create a community park in Petite Rivière, Nova Scotia.
Helping Nature Heal Inc. is seeking a Landscaping Foreman/woman who lives in the Bridgewater area or is willing to relocate. The successful candidate will oversee new and existing projects on the South Shore of Nova Scotia as well as projects that may require travel. S/he must be familiar with, or willing to learn, and consistently implement HNH’s unique methods.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing projects as well as managing the performance of team members reporting to this position.
If you have proven leadership and supervisory skills in a landscaping or construction environment, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee landscape and shoreline construction projects on time and within budget.
- Manage a construction crew and gardeners.
- Working with the Project Manager, schedule and coordinate subcontractors and delivery of materials to site.
- Ensure projects are meeting quality and time frame requirements.
- Apply for and obtain permits and licences when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with clients, suppliers, management and staff at all levels of the business.
- Ensure all safety polices and procedures are being met on job sites.
- Ability to respond to escalated inquiries, complaints and feedback from customers, vendors or employees.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum three (3) years of experience and understanding of the construction or landscaping industry.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a Foreman/woman.
- Experience in successfully managing and directing a labour crew.
- Able to read and interpret concept designs and technical drawings.
- Knowledge of native species and sustainable practices would be an asset.
- Proven ability to safely use a chainsaw; certification preferred.
- Valid drivers licence, with clear abstract.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Ability to travel when working on out of town projects.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to problem solve, mitigate potential obstacles and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- First Aid, WHIMIS and safety certifications would be an asset.
March 17, 2018.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as received; therefore, this position may be filled before closing date.
Anticipated Start Date:
March 19, 2018 (possibly earlier if successful applicant is available)
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org